Saturday, November 20, 2010

9 More Days and Counting!!

I cannot believe that we only have 9 more days to get ready to travel!! We have so much to do before the children get here. We are trying to finish up the new rooms. One room is almost finished; we started putting in the hard wood floors today.  Hopefully one room will be done before we have to leave.
I have completed all of my assignments for class and have one more day of clinical. Monday I will study and Tuesday I have to take my last 2 exams completing my last exam and class for my Associate Degree in Applied Science- Nursing!!
We have started packing for the trip. We have bought all of the gifts for the children’s caregivers and for the orphanage director. I have also bought a few outfits for the children so we have something for them to wear if we can take them out for the day. The sizes are just a guess because we have no personal information on them yet. I will let everyone know as soon as I figure it out. We have some small toys, puzzles, coloring books and such for us to do while we visit. We are supposed to pack light but 10 days to 4 weeks is a big difference and it is hard to figure out what to bring and what to leave behind.
The countdown to travel continues!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Exciting stuff! We will be praying for you the entire trip. If you email us or post the cell phone # that you receive we will phone you.
Lots of love. Lynn, Patty and family.

Anonymous said...

Sue and I will be keeping you in prayer. We admire your courage and commitment to making this world a better place for two of God's precious ones. In (Matthew 19:14) Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me for the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these."

Mike